Saturday 4 August 2007

Are social networks useful?

In other post I said that networks like delicious, had changed my habits in internet. I have read some entries about the wonderful Linkedin and Facebook, and I have decided to test them.

First, I have tested Facebook and tried to do contacts. I don't trust to give my email password, and I searched contacts manually but I don't felt lucky, not found any friend.

Next, Linkedin. I searched contacts who had worked with me and I found four contacts, but today no one has added me to his network, I don't believe that they really use Linkedin. If somebody wants to add me to his network this is my profile in Linkedin.

In general, the I don't have good impressions about this networks. The interface of this sites it's too complicated, there are too many options. I prefer the minimalist of delicious, maybe when I have more contacts, it could be useful, but nowadays the best network is my delicious network.

5 comments:

olope said...

Hi,

I've only used del.icio.us at the moment but i'm planning to create an account into Linkedin, seems useful and interesting.

I don't get the point with Facebook, maybe due to none of my friends are using it.

dahernan said...

Now I have 7 contacts in Linkedin, but at this moment, has still been not much useful.

Me too, with Facebook.

Alex said...

Del.icio.us is the most useful website nowdays for me.

I am not agree about facebook. It is very very used in UK. Similar to MySpace but I think more powerful and easier to use. You need to have friends to find it useful.

What about me? ;)

dahernan said...

It's true, you had told me that you use Facebook.

I think that I've sent you an invitation ;)

Alex said...

You've just been added. It is usuful to share pics. The rest is crap for advertising.